News

Manhattan’s Milton Resnick and Pat Passlof Foundation opens with original Coventry chairs

Manhattan’s Milton Resnick and Pat Passlof Foundation opens with original Coventry chairs

September 2018

The Milton Resnick and Pat Passlof Foundation, a non-profit organization honouring the work of the Abstract Expressionist painters Milton Resnick (1917-2004) and Pat Passlof (1928-2011), officially opened to the public in Lower Manhattan, New York City on 15 September 2018. The building comprises of exhibition spaces, an events space and Resnick's artist studio. 

A former synagogue, the building was brought up-to-date through a renovation by Ryall Sheridan Architects

The Luke Hughes team became involved in the project when the foundation required special furniture for the exhibition spaces. In 2017, we worked on a renovation project at the Tower of London, where we designed and installed bespoke furniture in the historic Chapel of St. John. The chapel's original Coventry chairs were kept and refurbished by our specialist team. The Coventry chairs now sit in the exhibition spaces of the foundation, adding a compelling contrast to the modern aesthetic. 

Exterior of the Milton Resnick and Pat Passlof Foundation (image credit: Brian Buckley, courtesy of the Milton Resnick and Pat Passlof Foundation):

The Coventry chairs in their original home, the Tower of London:







Monthly archive

October 2018

September 2018

July 2018



Yearly archive

2018

2017

2016

2015

2014

2013

2012

2011

2010

2009

2008

2007

2006

2005

2003

2002